Another difficult one. I don’t really want much from life at all. I suppose my wants can all be summed up into 1 single phase – to be happy. Obviously there is a number of factors that influence how happy I feel, some of these I can do something about, others can do something about some and some factors nobody can do anything about.
1. Being happy is obviously a complex task and I don’t think it’s possible for someone to be truly happy for ever. there’s always something in life to knock you back down a level when your feeling good. My first want would be for me to not have mental issues. I never use to have them, I’ve always been shy and unsociable but I see them as a trait rather than a ‘problem’ It’s just who I am. But I do have issues with anxiety and depression (I know, I know. I’ve mentioned it before) It would be nice to have a normal brain that doesn’t over think everything and envisage over complex scenarios that would never happen aswell as focusing heavily on the mostly negative of these. I’ve spoken with C on this subject many times before. If I though less about anything in particular, would that make me a different person. Would I become as thoughtless as the majority of the general public? I don’t fancy becoming a Jeremy Kyle show regular! Either way, I want to live my life without these mental problems.
2. I want C to be happy. Most other people I know seem pretty happy in their lives apart from C. I mean, I like her how she is now, I just wish there was something I could do to help. Another one of my brain malfunctions is that I always have to try to solve problems. If I’m confronted with one I can’t stop thinking about it until I’ve come up with a logical solution. In C’s case, I’m totally useless.
3. A big shiny sports car!!! No not really, I like my car, I wouldn’t change it for anything. Materialistically, I don’t think there’s anything I want. I have what I need and what I like. I shouldn’t be complaining about life really. I have it pretty good compared to some. I’d like my bike that was stolen from me back though. May have to put a new bike on my christmas list.
4. A healthy relationship with someone who understands me, will put up with me and I enjoy being around. I know, I’m not asking for much right? These seems unreasonable at the most optimistic of times. I can still dream though.
5. to be a better photographer. I’m not bad, but I’m nowhere near good. I’d like to be able to take really good photos and make money out of it. Being a photographer for a living would be amazing. Better still, I’d like to be a BBC wildlife photographer – taking pictures for their magazine or even wildlife filming for TV. This is kind of joined to my next want as I’d get paid to go to remote exotic places to see wonderful animals. What a job!
I want his kit… and his job!
6. I want to travel the world. Unfortunately, like most people, I have to work to earn money to live. I have to spend that money on accommodation and food. this leaves little money and time for traveling around the world. I don’t think I’d be able to see everything I wanted to even if I had unlimited money and a life time to see it all.
7. There’s loads of political crap I could pretend I want. You know, like Miss world competitors that always seem to want world peace or for hunger in the world to be eradicated. It will never happen and it’s a waste of a want to believe something like that can happen. There will always be greedy people in the world stopping things like that from happening. What I really want is my allotment. I have been on a waiting list for a while now! Hurry up, I have vegetables to grow! Just so I can tie in the second part of this want to the first – I might just make some kind of soup out of the vegetables and bring it to my nearest homeless shelter. May even do the stereotypical feeding of the homeless at christmas thing this year!